To try and “momsplain,” as I like to say, all that I’ve learned since having my first child three and a half years ago – would quite possibly need a blog dedicated all to itself. I’d call it “You Know Nothing, First-Time Mom” (where all my GOT fans at??). Enticing idea, but instead I’ve decided to do a little run-down of my single favorite baby registry must-have that just might get you through those second (or third, or fourth) baby blues.
When I first learned about QuickZip fitted sheets via Instagram, it took me all of two seconds to browse their site and I was amazed. A crib sheet that literally zips on and off in seconds – why hadn’t I thought of that?! That’s actually been the consensus among anyone I’ve told about their product. What’s even more to like is that it’s a small, women-owned business based in Denver, whose CEO and co-founder, Elizabeth Sopher, invented QuickZip after one too many frustrating rounds changing her newborn daughters’ crib sheet. For moms, by moms . Love it.
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, then girl, you need these sheets:
Do you have a beef with your fitted sheet?
And how about your baby’s crib sheet?
Do you dread changing it at 3 am? Or even 3 pm?
Are you concerned about a safe sleep environment for your baby?
They offer a super convenient Crib Premium Starter Pack that includes 3 zip-on sheets + 1 wraparound total security base (recommended so that you have the extra sheets handy). You can also go with the Basic Starter Pack (base + 1 zip-on sheet), which I went for in their white cotton and just added two extra zip-on crib sheets in gray dot and pink dot. I also added their Waterproof Crib Flat Mattress Pad to my registry. If you’d like to see a full list of all my registry must-haves, check out my personal registry on my new fave site Babylist.
Seriously though, if I had known then what I know now (famous last words much?), I would have registered for like ten of these puppies and nothing else. Ok, and maybe some Boudreaux’s Butt Paste (I’m telling you people, it’s amazing how fast you go through that stuff). So consider this your fair warning, wake-up call, mommy mantra – what have you. The time you will save (that you don’t even have in the first place, because you’re either elbow deep in dirty diapers or a screaming baby), is going to be priceless. No more lifting an 8 lb. mattress or fighting with a crib sheet while your toddler’s pulling on your pants leg saying he has to go “pee pee” for the ten thousandth time, while trying to get your newborn back down for a post-blowout nap. If that doesn’t paint a not-so-pretty picture for you, then you’ll just have to take my word for it. Total side note – the ladies of QuickZip recently did an open casting call for Shark Tank, so help me in wishing them luck!
photo cred: Marlo Carroll Photography
*Disclosure: I received a complimentary product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Links à la Mode, June 1st
- April Was Here: Matching Sets
- Cammeo Head to Toe: Baby Registry Must-Have from a 2nd Time Mom
- Distinguished Diva: 5 Zines to Subscribe to
- Finite 1: Where To Find A Stripe Slouchy Pullover Top
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Styling a Peplum Top for Summer
- Green Acres Meets Paris: All Things Gingham
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: Maternity Style | Color-Block Skirt by Geekchic Fashion
- House of Leo: Must Have Summer Sandals
- Individually Chic: Birthday Freebies & Discounts
- Jeff on the Road: Summertime Rainy Day
- Lady Diana’s Pearls: White Lace OTS Dress
- Li Fashionable Foodie: Plenty of Patches
- Life in the Fash Lane: 5 Types of Stripes You Need to Have
- My Cubicle Chic: How To Define Success || 4 Theories From 4 Successful Business Women
- Paulyne BKJ: Beautiful Summer Days x Tallinn Dolls
- Smile is it: How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Summer
- Tellement Swell: Layering Coloré dans la Grisaille
- The Curvy Edit: Casual Summer: Crop Top
- With Wonder and Whimsy: Five Outfit Formulas for Whimsical & Romantic Style