I have a lot of mixed feelings on maternity wear. Not because there aren’t a ton of cool brands out there – see Fashion Mamas founder Natalie’s crowdsourced list in LAmag (I may or may not have contributed to the H&M & TopShop picks). I just have a hard time spending money on clothes that will be worn for maybe six months and then disappear in a box somewhere in the back of your closet/no-woman’s land. But on the other hand, shopping for your new-found bump is one of the short-lived perks to being pregnant. So, I made a compromise with myself: I will allow myself to shop for maternity clothes, if and only if they are affordable and fit in a way that makes me feel great about myself (cuz let’s face it – come 32 weeks in, we all need a little pick me up). Plus, there’s nothing like your best friend from college getting married to kick you into hyper-shopping mode.
Luckily I know some pretty awesome Houston mommy bloggers (see Uptown with Elly Brown, who happens to be due only a few days apart from me), and have snagged a ton of maternity style inspiration from them. One brand that I’m almost embarrassed to admit I’ve never shopped before (shame) is ASOS. So I took the plunge and found this super-classy floral printed dress from their maternity line and paired it with a nude blazer and heels (link to all below). Besides, what says spring wedding in the hill country more than head-to-toe floral? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing.
photo cred: Marlo Carroll Photography
Shop the Look:
Romwe (non-maternity), Apricot Roll Tab Sleeve Waterfall Collar Duster Coat
Links à la Mode, April 6th
- Aesthetic Distance: Social Media Makes Us Better Feminists
- April Was Here: Bowknot Blouse and Ruffled Sleeves
- Beyond Her Curls: The Perfect Spring Jacket
- Cammeo Head to Toe: Adventures in Shopping: To Maternity or Not To Maternity
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: April Crush List
- Elements of Ellis: Embroidered Moto Jacket
- Fashionista Momma: Blush Jumpsuit
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Translate Runway to Everyday Fashion!
- Happy Pretty Sweet: How to Update Your Beauty Routine for Spring
- I’m a Norbyah: The Right Stripes
- It’s True Blog: How To Create New Content When You Don’t Have Any Inspiration
- Lil Miss JB Style: Loft Decor
- Middle of Somewhere: Flatform Sandals & The Weekly Style Edit Linkup
- Tales of Two: 7 Tips for Visiting Pearl Harbor
- The Outfit Repeater: Behind the Scenes: The Making of an Outfit Post
SPONSOR: Amazon’s Shopbop SUNDRY, Free People Activewear, MONROW Sweatpants, Liana Clothing, ALALA, Champion Premium Reverse Weave, Straw Bags, Fringe Slides, Statement Jewelry, Men’s EA7 by Emporio Armani
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12237133/?claim=yxk2ed79y9a”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>